Thirteen years ago this month, Jim and I were a couple of kids in college headed on our first big trip together – Paris, France. We were poor college students, so we mostly stuck to eating French street food rather than at fancy 5-star restaurants, but we did make a few dining splurges during the trip. One evening we happened upon a little hole-in-the-wall fondue restaurant as we were strolling through the Saint-Germain-des-Pres District. I don’t even remember what it was called and I doubt I’ll ever be able to find it again but it will remain one of my favorite meals with my husband.
Ever since we had kids, we don’t get to go out as much as we used to but we still like to have a special date night in every once in a while. In honor of our trip to Paris so many years ago, here’s my inspiration for this month’s date night in. Fete on!
- I love this vintage yellow fondue pot from Haus1215 and here’s a recipe for a classic french fondue.
- Sip a classic Saint-Germain and champagne cocktail.
- Whip up some of these easy french pastry puffs filled with ice-cream and covered in chocolate for dessert.
- There’s no need to get overly dressed up for a date-night-in but that doesn’t mean you should be wearing your sweats either! Stay comfortable but looked polished with this French-style sailor shirt from J.Crew.
- I got a pair of these white jeans from J.Crew last spring and I love, love, love them! They are comfortable, hold their shape and they go with EVERYTHING!
- Amelie is one of my favorite quirky romantic comedies. It’s funny, sweet, romantic and very French!
- Lighting a candle (or more) instantly adds romance to an evening. Especially a candle that smells as amazing as these candles by diptyque.
- I love these Pointed D’Orsay Flats from Old Navy. So cute and currently on sale for $23!
2 thoughts on “Date Night In: French Fondue Night”
Perfection! Love the stripes.