One of the greatest things about spring in Washington DC is the arrival of the cherry blossoms. There’s nothing like strolling along the Tidal Basin and taking in the natural beauty of thousands of cherry trees blooming in unison.
And since we’re always looking for a reason to party at AFL, here are some simple party ideas for you to celebrate spring and these beautiful little blossoms. Fete on!
2. I love how the pink cherry blossoms look displayed in blue mason jars. So simple, yet stunning.
3. Using wrapping paper is one of my favorite party decoration tricks. It’s relatively inexpensive and can be used in a lot of ways: table runner, placemats, name cards, food cards, flags for drink stirrers, etc. Plus, this Japanese paper from Paper Source is gorgeous.
4. Since the cherry blossom trees were a gift from Japan in 1912, it’s only fitting to serve some Japanese food. Doesn’t that dragon roll look delicious?
5. This pretty pink cocktail with sake and cherry vodka looks so good. It is definitely on my “to do” cocktail list.
6. Don’t these macarons by Kinfolk look amazing? I’ve never made macarons but I might have to give these a try!