Every year, right around the middle of the summer, I start to feel overwhelmed. The kids have been out of school sufficiently long, we usually have one vacation under our belt and another coming up, and the heat and humidity have me kicking myself for willing warm weather. And July 4th is pretty much the beginning of that, which means I drag my feet about the holiday. Then my inner fete pipes up and I throw something celebratory together (usually for our annual Family Olympics we hold over the holiday). And I’m always happy I did! So, in case you’re finding yourself in a similar situation, here are some great, EASY July 4th ideas to spur your party self. Come on, if I can do it, you can do it!
1. Hang a bunch of patriotic-colored tissue paper fans. I’m a fan of Oriental Trading Company’s incredibly priced sets. Easy, cheap, and reusable.
2. I love these red, white + blue push pop desserts. Even easier, make something similar in little cups.
3. Holiday sangria. Enough said.
4. Free printable sparkler holders. I don’t trust my kids enough to give them sparklers yet, but if I did, I’d be printing some of these.
5. Super simple crepe paper + lights. Love this idea.