Happy 4th of July! I hope everyone has some fun plans to get outside and to celebrate our independence and catch a glimpse or two of fireworks.
While July 4th is obviously the most well known holiday that we celebrate in July, it definitely isn’t the only one. Just 10 days later on July 14th it’s National Ice Cream Day! And, if you’re anything like me, you’ll agree that this is definitely not a holiday that we should overlook. I love ice cream and have been wanting to throw a party in its honor for a while now. Here are some of my favorite ice cream party ideas…
- You don’t need much cutlery for ice cream but spoons are a must, especially these dressed up tassel spoons by Studio DIY.
- You could serve the ice cream in a bowl but why not make some homemade cookie cups, like these from Sugar & Cloth, instead. Don’t they look delicious?
- These pre-made ice cream balls on a stick, from Martha Stewart, are genius. You could either pre-dip the ice cream in toppings or let your guests do it themselves.
- While I’m not usually a big fan of sweet cocktails, this sorbet & sparkling wine cocktail (made with homemade peach & mango sorbet!) might change my mind. It looks so refreshing!
- Kids and adults alike will have fun with these printable waffle cone wrappers by Oh Happy Day. Yay!
- I love hostess with the mostess’s idea of using these acrylic containers and scoops to display the toppings for an ice-cream sundae bar. They are modern, simple and let the beauty of the ingredients shine.