My husband is not a big sweets person. It drives me nuts! I have a super sweet tooth, so whenever I make a dessert at home, he’ll have just a taste (to humor me) and I end up eating or tossing out the rest of it. But it was his birthday yesterday and, despite his general ambivalence towards sweets, he does love a good peanut butter chocolate combo. So I wanted to make him something sweet to celebrate and came across a super easy (as in, my kids made most of it) no bake recipe for peanut butter cup cheesecake. To help keep those servings small, I mini-sized them. It was delicious and just the right serving size. I see a good use of excess Halloween candy in our future ….
Mini Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecakes (slightly adapted from Beyond Frosting)
makes 10 servings (3.6″ ramekins)
For the crust
– 2 cups sandwich cookie crumbs
– 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
For the filling
– 1 package (8oz) cream cheese
– 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
– 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
– 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
-1 package (8oz) whipped topping (thawed)
– 10 peanut butter cups (chopped)
For the garnish
– 6 peanut butter cups (chopped)
– 1/4 cup caramel sauce
1. Remove the filling from the sandwich cookies and discard. Use a food processor to crush the cookies into a fine crumb. Melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl and our over cookie crumbs. Still well until combined.
2. Place a large spoonful into the bottom of each ramekin, using a spoon to compress into crust. Set aside.
3. Whip cream cheese using a mixer set on medium speed until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes). Add peanut butter and continue to beat until well mixed.
4. Add vanilla extract and heavy whipping cream, increasing mixing speed to medium high and whip for 2-3 minutes. Once combined, add whipped topping and beat into batter. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl as you mix.
5. Chop peanut buter cups into small pieces and mix into batter by hand. Spoon filling into prepared ramekins and chill in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
6. Top with additional peanut butter cup pieces and caramel drizzle.