I mentioned way, way back in our first Fete Favorites my love of Dia de los Muertos. I still haven’t convinced anyone to have an actual party celebrating the holiday, which I really cannot understand. It’s much more upbeat, colorful, and well styled than Halloween. So, I’m obviously going to have to throw myself my own party on November 1st. Here’s what’s topping my list of inspiration.
1. These gorgeous wedding invitations are obviously slightly more upscale than I need for my own party, but I love the idea of combining the bold colors with geometric prints.
2. I love the idea of a large communal table for dinner and that table runner is ahhmaazing.
3. Sugar skulls + edible confetti = party happiness.
4. Mini tissue paper flowers for striped straws!? That’s a new one (to me) and a must make.
5. Pan de Muerto is a traditional Day of the Dead pastry and looks delicious.
7. Decorated candles look like a simple enough DIY to help keep things festive.
8. Papel picado!
9. I’ve really been waiting for a good time to try a honeycombed wall and this seems like the perfect opportunity.