We’ve been in our “new” house three years now and things are starting to feel not-so-new anymore. Top of that list is our entryway rug. We’ve had it since we moved in and it is starting to get really worn and grungy looking. So, I’ve been shopping around for a new rug and there are so many great options out there right now. Here are some of my favorites. I’m leaning towards #3 because I think it will hold up the best but which is your fave?
As I’ve mentioned before, I’m working on getting my office set up. It’s a slow process because I love so many things and I can’t decide which to pick. My current dilemma is finding a new desk chair. For the last year I’ve been using one of our extra dining room chairs and it has served its purpose, but I need more. Namely, I need some wheels. My desk is an L-shape which allows me to have an area to work on my computer and an area to spread out and work on projects. Also, my printer is in a cabinet behind the desk. It would be amazing to have a chair that can move with me as I move through my office.
My office is a converted sunroom so I get a lot of light in there – it’s one of my favorite things about the office. It also means that I want to make sure the furniture and decorations have a light and airy feel to them as well. That’s why I love this collection of white & acrylic desk chairs. I think any of them would be perfect in the space. Now I just have to decide which one! Decisions, decisions…
- Clear Acrylic Office Chair by Bouclair
- City Mid-Back Conference Chair on Overstock
- Bentwood Office Chair by West Elm
- Stratum Office Chair by CB2
- Liz Acrylic Swivel Chair by Dot & Bo
My husband and I love to sit at the bar when we go out to eat. I think the fact that we get to sit next to each other (without the smirks that same-side table sitting draws) makes for an intimate dining experience. We like to share small plates with each other and that’s easier to do at the bar. Plus it’s something you absolutely can’t do when dining with kids, which is exactly what we’re trying to accomplish when out for an evening by ourselves. So I’d love to recreate that set-up at home for a date night in. We already have a bar in our kitchen, but here’s what else I’d pull together for a nice evening ….
1. While we have a breakfast/wine bar in our kitchen, we haven’t invested in any bar stools yet. I love these CB2 acrylic ones — they’ll keep it nice and open (and I hate when bar stools don’t have a foot rest for us not tall people!)
2. Bar snacks are a must and this mix of smoky popcorn and Japanese rice crackers looks fabulous.
3. My husband and I both love Anthony Bourdain’s Parts Unknown — it’s a great mix of culture, food, politics, and travel. And booze. I think it would be fun to put this on an iPad on the bar as background while we eat. Just like a bar.
4. We almost always order oysters on the half shell when eating at a bar (as long as it’s the right place to order such things). I haven’t dared try to do these myself, but I think I might have to. Plus, crushed ice.
5. I’m normally not much of a champs girl (it gives me a headache), but lately I’ve been drinking a lot of French 75s when we go out. They pair perfectly with oysters and include my other favorite spirit: gin. (I’m seeing a Green Hat Gin French 75 in my near future).
6. I still have a stack of monogrammed paper cocktail napkins from when I set up my husband’s bar tray for him. They’d be a fun addition to date night.
I’m determined to get our roof deck in shape for the summer and since resurfacing the whole thing is not going to make it into our plans, I’ve got my eyes on a new outdoor rug to help me out. I love bold graphics just as much as bright colors and I can’t decide! What do you think?
1. black + white plank area rug / 2. The Land of Nod’s indoor/outdoor rug / 3. Urban Outfitters geo rug / 4. CB2 Bergama reversible outdoor rug / 5. Warrior Enzo indoor/outdoor rug / 6. One King’s Lane Cali rug / 7. Baja rug / 8. Fab Habitat’s Laguna rug / 9. One King’s Lane Inyo rug
I bought our everyday dishes ten years ago right after I graduated law school. I was obsessed with CB2 at the time. There was only one actual store and it was in Chicago, but I visited almost every time I went home to see my parents. So I was super excited and feeling all adult to order my first set of geometric dishes from there. They arrived at my little Philadelphia loft all individually wrapped and they’ve traveled all over with me since then. Sadly, there are only a handful left and we are in serious need of a new everyday set. I’ve been wanting a set of plain, reasonably-priced white dishes, which has proven annoyingly unexpectedly difficult to find. BUT, I think I’ve finally found what I wanted! At IKEA, of course. The 365+ set is a great shape, great price, and is microwaveable and dishwasher safe. Now what do I do with my few remaining CB2 set with which I can’t bear to part?
Everywhere I turn these days I’m seeing triangles and I can’t get enough of this pattern. From the crisp geometric clean lines to the more organic screen printed variety, it’s modern, yet playful. I also love how this pattern can be feminine, masculine or gender neutral depending on the color combination. It’s got something for everyone. Here are some of my favorites…
- Dwell Studio Pascal Bin
- CB2 Tryst 16″ Pillow
- West Elm Sarah Campbell Triangles Rug in Horizon
- Urban Outfitters Ferm Living Triangle Tea Towel
- J.Crew Vintage Sweatshirt in Metallic Triangles
- AnotherCase Pastel Triangle iPhone Case
- Elizabeth and James Metropolis Triangle Slab Earrings and Necklace
- Bookhouathome Grey Triangle Tote
I’m on the hunt for new bedding for our master bedroom. We’ve had a queen size bed since we’ve been married but we are about to upgrade to a king size bed and I’m so excited about it. There are many Saturday and Sunday mornings when both of the kids and both of our cats all pile into our bed, which is so much fun but so very crowded. As soon as I find the right bedding, the new bed will be mine!
- West Elm Linen Cotton Duvet – Storm Bay
- Thomas Paul Octopus Duvet
- CB2 Mod Moroccan
- Three Sheets 2 the Wine Radial Bloom
- Jonathan Adler Grey Hollywood Duvet
- DwellStudio Draper Stripe Ash Duvet
How cute is this little pig from CB2? I’m working on styling these new bookcases that I recently bought. We have some cool old books that are currently just resting on their side on a shelf but I think this little pig will show them off perfectly!