I’m in the market for a new pair of rain boots. Earlier this spring I took my old rain boots out of the closet only to find an empty sippy cup of milk turned upside down on the inside with the contents of the cup soaking the inside of my boot. Within a day the smell was horrible no matter how hard I tried to clean them. Yuck!
So as fall approaches, it’s time to get a new pair. I’m not a big fan of the heavy clunky variety that seems to be the popular style of the moment so I’ve been stumped. Then I spotted these new boots from J.Crew. Score!
Thirteen years ago this month, Jim and I were a couple of kids in college headed on our first big trip together – Paris, France. We were poor college students, so we mostly stuck to eating French street food rather than at fancy 5-star restaurants, but we did make a few dining splurges during the trip. One evening we happened upon a little hole-in-the-wall fondue restaurant as we were strolling through the Saint-Germain-des-Pres District. I don’t even remember what it was called and I doubt I’ll ever be able to find it again but it will remain one of my favorite meals with my husband.
Ever since we had kids, we don’t get to go out as much as we used to but we still like to have a special date night in every once in a while. In honor of our trip to Paris so many years ago, here’s my inspiration for this month’s date night in. Fete on!
- I love this vintage yellow fondue pot from Haus1215 and here’s a recipe for a classic french fondue.
- Sip a classic Saint-Germain and champagne cocktail.
- Whip up some of these easy french pastry puffs filled with ice-cream and covered in chocolate for dessert.
- There’s no need to get overly dressed up for a date-night-in but that doesn’t mean you should be wearing your sweats either! Stay comfortable but looked polished with this French-style sailor shirt from J.Crew.
- I got a pair of these white jeans from J.Crew last spring and I love, love, love them! They are comfortable, hold their shape and they go with EVERYTHING!
- Amelie is one of my favorite quirky romantic comedies. It’s funny, sweet, romantic and very French!
- Lighting a candle (or more) instantly adds romance to an evening. Especially a candle that smells as amazing as these candles by diptyque.
- I love these Pointed D’Orsay Flats from Old Navy. So cute and currently on sale for $23!
Everywhere I turn these days I’m seeing triangles and I can’t get enough of this pattern. From the crisp geometric clean lines to the more organic screen printed variety, it’s modern, yet playful. I also love how this pattern can be feminine, masculine or gender neutral depending on the color combination. It’s got something for everyone. Here are some of my favorites…
- Dwell Studio Pascal Bin
- CB2 Tryst 16″ Pillow
- West Elm Sarah Campbell Triangles Rug in Horizon
- Urban Outfitters Ferm Living Triangle Tea Towel
- J.Crew Vintage Sweatshirt in Metallic Triangles
- AnotherCase Pastel Triangle iPhone Case
- Elizabeth and James Metropolis Triangle Slab Earrings and Necklace
- Bookhouathome Grey Triangle Tote
What are you doing this New Year’s Eve? No matter if you’ll be attending a swanky black-tie celebration or if you’ll be hosting a casual party with friends, we put together some fabulous party looks to take the sweat out of the age old question of “What should I wear?”.
- J.Crew Dress
- House of Harlow 1960 Necklace
- House of Harlow 1960 Bracelet
- House of Harlow 1960 Earrings
- Ivanka Trump Heels
- Kate Spade Purse
- Kate Spade Bracelet
- Kate Spade Earrings
- Zara Heels
- TopShop Dress
- Zara Top
- Zara Ankle Boot
- Kate Spade New York Earrings
- J.Crew Bracelet
- Zara Trousers
I love everything about this jeweled cuff from J.Crew. I’m already kind of obsessed with lucite furniture, and this acetate cuff just means I can carry that obsession around. Plus, gold studs, nude crystals and bling? It’s the perfect neutral way to dress up almost anything.