Even though it has been around for a few seasons, I’m still a big fan of geode home decor. I think its a great way to add an unexpected splash of color and mix a little boho chic into what is otherwise a fairly modern palate in my home. And it’s not all coasters and bookends anymore. Geodes continue to show up in unexpected ways. Check out these beauties.
1 / Top your bar cart bottles with these fabulous agate bottle stoppers (or DIY)
2 / These magnets would look awesome on my magnetic kitchen wall.
3 / Pretty and practical soap for your bathroom.
4 / I love the varied sizes and colors of these great lacquer boxes available at One Kings Lane.
5 / These geode knobs would be a nice balance on a modern dresser.
I’m constantly going back and forth as to whether or not we should redo my daughter’s room into a “big girl” room. I’ve done a few things — ousted the plush glider we used with both kids, converted her crib into a toddler bed, replaced the rug (which saw years full of baby-related accidents), added new photos, and made an “accessories station” on her dresser. But, to be honest, we’re likely going to be moving in the next few years and so I’m not sure I want to invest a whole lot in her room. Especially since it’s functioning just fine as it is and she’s happy with it. Currently, her room is mostly hot pink, gold and dark brown (I had to work in that baby furniture I’m SO over, remember?) The new(ish) rug is a hot pink, grey and tan ombre rug from CB2 and I LOVE it. It ties the current room together while giving me a jumping off palette for her next room: grey and hot pink.
I’ll have to keep gold, too. She and I love it so. And I’ve had my eye on several sputnik chandeliers to add that golden, and girly but bold, touch. I’ve always loved sputniks for their quirky mid-century vibe and I can’t wait to find the perfect one for Cameron’s big-girl room. Here’s what I’ve got my eye on so far.
1. I’ve taken Cam to Jonathan Adler’s Georgetown showroom just to see the sputniks. “oooooh, I want that,” might have been uttered. this mini sputnik chandelier is so bold and funky.
2. this Italian sputnik has been sold, but I’m going to keep looking for a similar one. I love the shape — it’s got a nice reach, but is still delicate.
3. holy Austrian crystal sputnik, batman. this substantial baby is a beauty and would seriously pack a punch. now if I can just find another.
4. I like the contrast in this Nate Berkus Associates chandelier, which makes a subtler statement than some of the larger sputniks.
5. vintage + charcoal grey detailing. could be perfect, but I’m still deciding whether I like the overall shape.