We’ve been in our “new” house three years now and things are starting to feel not-so-new anymore. Top of that list is our entryway rug. We’ve had it since we moved in and it is starting to get really worn and grungy looking. So, I’ve been shopping around for a new rug and there are so many great options out there right now. Here are some of my favorites. I’m leaning towards #3 because I think it will hold up the best but which is your fave?
I’m a little bit of an astronomy buff. I’ve been known to wake my kids up in the middle of the night to try and catch a meteor shower. And a stargazing party was high up on my list this summer, but I didn’t get to it! So I’m thinking of moving the party indoors this fall and putting together a starry night party full of midnight blue, metallics and twinkling lights. Here’s what I’m thinking for decor ….
1/ DIY french dot constellation table runner — OK, who wants to make this for me?! Amazing.
2/ Gold mercury glass votives — I love the shadows these cute little shimmery votives cast.
3/ Honeycomb decorations — these pretty honeycomb shapes remind me slightly of planets and help mix in a few other tones.
4/ Glitterati slate pillows — I’d love to have a low dining table and strew a bunch of these metallic print pillows on the floor.
5/ Starry string lights — these gorgeous lights come in a variety of bulb colors on flexible copper wire.
6/ Agate earth coasters — some of these totally remind me images I’ve seen taken in space. Plus, agate.
7/ Copper mirror tray — so shiny and perfect for my low table.
8/ Tassel garland — I love metallic tassels and, having made many of them, can appreciate when someone else does the work!
9/ Gold pouf — the reasonable price of these faux leather poufs would let me scatter several around.
If I could pick one place in the whole world to visit, it would be Greece. I’ve never been and I’m absolutely dying to go. Santorini, Mykonos, Crete, Athens… I don’t care, I want to go and soak up the culture and food. Since that dream isn’t happening anytime soon, I think it’s time for me to bring a little bit of Greece to me. Here are some of my favorite ideas to throw a Greek inspired al fresco dinner. Fete on!
1. Nothing screams Greece to me more than the combination of blue & white and these beautiful dishes from West Elm are no exception. I love their modern yet organic feel.
2. Candles are essential when it come to al fresco dining. There are a lot more ornate or detailed lanterns on the market these days but these simple wood ones from Crate & Barrel would be perfect!
3. Start out with a simple mezze platter of dolmas, olives, feta & hummus like this one from PopSugar. Add some chicken souvlaki and some greek yogurt with berries and you’ve got yourself a meal!
4. While dining under an olive grove would be best, I’ll have to settle with creating my own grove of olives by using olive branches as the centerpiece.
5. Keep things casual but elegant by decanting some greek white wine in a decanter and serving the wine in tumblers rather than wine glasses. I love this rustic blown glass set from VivaTerra.
I’m totally in love with this light and airy bedding from West Elm. I’ve been shopping for a new bedding for over 6 months now and I finally found the winner! Beautiful white linen with a contrast trim in dark charcoal… perfection. I want it now!
As I’ve mentioned before, I’m working on getting my office set up. It’s a slow process because I love so many things and I can’t decide which to pick. My current dilemma is finding a new desk chair. For the last year I’ve been using one of our extra dining room chairs and it has served its purpose, but I need more. Namely, I need some wheels. My desk is an L-shape which allows me to have an area to work on my computer and an area to spread out and work on projects. Also, my printer is in a cabinet behind the desk. It would be amazing to have a chair that can move with me as I move through my office.
My office is a converted sunroom so I get a lot of light in there – it’s one of my favorite things about the office. It also means that I want to make sure the furniture and decorations have a light and airy feel to them as well. That’s why I love this collection of white & acrylic desk chairs. I think any of them would be perfect in the space. Now I just have to decide which one! Decisions, decisions…
- Clear Acrylic Office Chair by Bouclair
- City Mid-Back Conference Chair on Overstock
- Bentwood Office Chair by West Elm
- Stratum Office Chair by CB2
- Liz Acrylic Swivel Chair by Dot & Bo
I’ve been on a huge popcorn kick lately – buttered, kettle corn, caramel… it doesn’t matter, I love it all. I’ve been making the microwave variety or buying the bagged stuff but this awesome popcorn popper would definitely up my popping game! I want it now!
Everywhere I turn these days I’m seeing triangles and I can’t get enough of this pattern. From the crisp geometric clean lines to the more organic screen printed variety, it’s modern, yet playful. I also love how this pattern can be feminine, masculine or gender neutral depending on the color combination. It’s got something for everyone. Here are some of my favorites…
- Dwell Studio Pascal Bin
- CB2 Tryst 16″ Pillow
- West Elm Sarah Campbell Triangles Rug in Horizon
- Urban Outfitters Ferm Living Triangle Tea Towel
- J.Crew Vintage Sweatshirt in Metallic Triangles
- AnotherCase Pastel Triangle iPhone Case
- Elizabeth and James Metropolis Triangle Slab Earrings and Necklace
- Bookhouathome Grey Triangle Tote
I’m on the hunt for new bedding for our master bedroom. We’ve had a queen size bed since we’ve been married but we are about to upgrade to a king size bed and I’m so excited about it. There are many Saturday and Sunday mornings when both of the kids and both of our cats all pile into our bed, which is so much fun but so very crowded. As soon as I find the right bedding, the new bed will be mine!
- West Elm Linen Cotton Duvet – Storm Bay
- Thomas Paul Octopus Duvet
- CB2 Mod Moroccan
- Three Sheets 2 the Wine Radial Bloom
- Jonathan Adler Grey Hollywood Duvet
- DwellStudio Draper Stripe Ash Duvet
I just recently converted my kids’ play room into my office (don’t worry, the kids have pretty much taken over every other room in our house). It is so nice to finally have a space of my own to work and create. Now that I have the basics in place, like a desk and a chair, I can finally focus on finding some fun stuff to decorate the space. First on my list is this clock from West Elm. I love the retro feel and the bold black, white & red color combination.