I’ve mentioned a few times in past posts how my daughter has really started to outgrow her current room (in restyled vintage dressers and sputnik chandeliers), but I’ve honestly had the hardest time deciding in which direction to go. To begin with, she’s really, really girly. But not little girl girly. She likes grown-up girly things. And while she still loves pink (the main color in her current room), she’s also holding strong to purple. So I was SUPER excited when One Kings Lane asked us to participate in their “Reflect Your Style” challenge by designing a vanity around one of their fabulous mirrors AND one of the mirrors they asked us to look at was this statement Baroque purple lacquer mirror — it’s so Cam. And it got me rethinking her room a bit. I really like the idea of picking some more grown-up pieces that she can use throughout the years and there are so many good things to pick from at One Kings Lane. Plus, we all know how much I love to virtual shop. Here’s what I came up with:
1. The Sardis Baroque Oversized Mirror is a great statement piece and I love that it’s purple, but grown-up purple. Almost an aubergine.
2. I’d continue the glam with the Jenni Mirrored Console Table, which could also really be used as a desk as Cam gets older. And I like that the mirrored finish would help make her room look a bit bigger as well.
3. I’m obviously a bigger fan of modern design than my daughter, so I like that the Vision Transparent Chair gives a nod to that with its sleek acrylic, but still fits well with the mirror and table. And even though it’s a decent size, because it is transparent, it will look like it takes up less room. Pretty sure I’d have to add a little pillow on there right now for her to sit, though.
4. This Burbank rug also adds a dose of modern (and really, really reminds me of Jonathan Adler).
5. When Cam was basically just a baby, she swallowed a teensy, tiny purple pebble from a fair. Nobody else believed that she did, but they sure did a few days later when it came out. These purple geodes are a whole lot classier, but would remind us of her early love of the color.
6. Cameron already has this gold Threshold Jewelry Box from Target, which has a similar silhouette to the console table and is a necessity for holding her growing collection.
7. Much to her dismay, I won’t let Cam wear makeup (except the occasional glitter and lip gloss), but she is obsessed with Drybar’s Gold Mine Shimmering Leave-in Conditioner. I brush it into her hair after bath at night and it’s still glimmering in the morning.
8. When Missoni launched its limited edition line for Target three years ago, I hit it hard and bought in bulk several years worth of sizes for Cam. I also picked up several of these pink and purple frames and she now has family pictures in them. They have to stay!
Girly girl not your style? Check out all the other great mirrors One Kings Lane has to offer — there is really something for everybody!